Participation in the IBDC is free.
Professional designers and students of all design related courses and programs (for example, product, fashion and communication design, architecture, marketing and engineering) who are interested in design of bicycle and relevant service are welcome to register their entries for the IBDC. Participants should either register their entries as professionals or students . Projects should show their degree of innovation and design quality in a certain level. In addition to projects by individual designers, we also accept works by groups of designers with no more than 4 team members/team.
The projects submitted must not violate the patent and protective rights of other parties. The organizers assume no liability for such infringements.
Premise：All designs must be the entrants’ own original work；If legal protection for intellectual property rights has been applied for; the holder of the patent rights must be the entrant.
1. To protect the entrants’ intellectual property, the organizer encourages entrants to apply for legal protection for intellectual property rights before they submit their entries.
2. If the participants had applied for legal protection for intellectual property right and this had been approved before the competition (The entrants should pay the necessary expense themselves). The entrants should discuss with the organizer, and sign an agreement, allowing the organizer to commercialize or promote the product.
For any profit earned from intellectual property rights, the entrant will be entitled to 20% of the organizer’s net income from these rights.
3. The organizer has the priority to apply for legal protection for intellectual property rights for any entries that have not yet been applied for. If the entries are qualified to apply for legal protection for intellectual property rights directly without modification, the organizer will pay all the necessary expenses for legal protection and the entrants still will be the inventors and should help the organizer to provide necessary documentation during the procedure of applying for legal protection. For any profit earned from intellectual property rights, the inventor will be entitled to 15% of the organizer’s net income from these rights.
4. For entries that have not applied for any legal protection for intellectual property rights, if someone makes improvement to facilitate application for legal protection for intellectual property rights, both entrants and improvers could be the inventors of the design. The entrants should provide the necessary documentation to help the organizer apply for legal protection and the organizer will pay all the necessary expense. For any profit earned from intellectual property, the inventor is entitled to 10% of the organizer’s net income from these rights.
5. Based on the requirements of research and publicity, the entrants grant the organizer all rights to copy, photograph, video-record, publish, display in public or publicize the documents, pictures and files of entries. All entrants are obliged to provide relevant photographs and information regarding entries.